The only people who are authorised to create accounts on this site are professionals who understand risk and are willing to bear the consequences. If you are not an Entrepreneur looking for advice and introductions to potential investors, or you don’t think that you are both an Accredited Investor and sophisticated enough to protect your own interests, then you should not try to create an account on this website.
By using the Inclusive Business Accelerator website (including by simply viewing content on https://iba.ventures (the “Site”), you are agreeing that you, and each person you allow to access the Inclusive Business Accelerator website through your account, will abide by the terms of the following agreement, which is summarised here, and set forth in its entirety below. This agreement is between you and the Inclusive Business Accelerator (“We,” “Inclusive Business Accelerator” or the “Company”), and it governs your access to and use of the services, websites, and applications offered by the Inclusive Business Accelerator website (the “Service”). Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with this agreement.
The security laws applicable to private company finance are complicated and occasionally ambiguous. In general, they are designed to protect unsophisticated people from making ill-advised investments. The following terms are designed to minimise the risk that any unsophisticated/unaccredited individuals try to become investors through the Service, and to protect the Company in the event that anyone claims he, she or it was damaged by using the Services. At the same time, entrepreneurs must conduct full due diligence on any contact met through this Service and take full responsibility for any outcome. Any information the entrepreneur provides the service, either through sharing with the Inclusive Business Accelerator organisation, any member or visitor to the Service or its events, or engaging and/or publishing to any part of the Service, is information the entrepreneur willingly puts into the public domain.
Users of the site must join as a ‘general member’ before they receive a personal profile page, can build a network of contacts and/or view content available to the public. Once registered as a ‘general member’ the user can decide to register as an ‘entrepreneur,’ a ‘mentor’ or as an ‘investor.’ Entrepreneurs are able to register a venture profile, upload a logo, complete the venture description questions, and post URLs to relevant company related websites and (social) media channels. Entrepreneurs can post fundraising requests that are only visible to members who are registered as part of the Inclusive Business Accelerator Investor Network.
ENTREPRENEURS: If you are an Entrepreneur, you are welcome to upload information about your business plan, including information you consider confidential (see the definition of ‘Fundraising Documents,’ below), and to designate which Investors may see that information (either by listing your venture as ‘public’ or ‘private’). We will do our best to display information you have designated as ‘Fundraising Documents’ only to Investors who have told us that they fit within the categories you have identified. We cannot, however, require Investors who see your ‘Fundraising Documents’ to agree not to distribute that information. We also cannot guarantee that there will never be a software bug or a hacker attack that will allow unauthorised viewing of material, or that Investors actually fit within any category. Equally, the Service interviews members who want to participate as Mentors, and seek to make meaningful connections useful to entrepreneurs, but the Service cannot vouch for members that participate as Mentors, their intentions or the consequences of their actions.
MENTORS: Members who are part of the Service have the ability to register as Mentors. The Service reviews incoming mentorship requests from entrepreneurs and posts them to the Mentorship marketplace. However, the Inclusive Business Accelerator cannot vouch for the quality of the entrepreneur, the venture or the truthfulness of the information presented. Mentors are expected to maintain a professional relationship to the entrepreneur, willingly volunteer their network, knowledge and expertise, and agree that they will not accept any form of financial compensation in return for the mentorship they provide the entrepreneur. Mentors also agree to use discretion in how they handle sensitive information that might be provided by the entrepreneur and agree to not share, sell or distribute this information.
INVESTORS: If you are a member with a an Investor Account, or you are otherwise able to see any content related to ventures fundraising or material that has been designated as ‘Fundraising Documents,’ you must recognise that it is important to use discretion in how you handle the information concerning the venture raising capital and the associated Fundraising Documents. We do not promise to show you all qualifying business plans, nor can we promise that all business plans that we show you will actually satisfy your criteria, but we will try. The Inclusive Business Accelerator does not take responsibility for the quality of the entrepreneurs or plans, nor do we vouch for the companies presented through the Service and to what extent they reflect a truthful reality.
GENERAL USERS: Certain portions of the Inclusive Business Accelerator website will be visible to users who have not signed up as either Entrepreneurs or as Investors. Those users, nevertheless, are bound by this agreement. Entrepreneurs should be aware that information they post to their public profile page is visible to everybody unless it is posted under the ‘Documents’ tab in which case the material is only visible to the members who are registered as part of the Inclusive Business Accelerator Investor Network, thereby indicating they meet the investor criteria as established by the American Securities and Exchange Commission. Members that register for Pro Investor Accounts also indicate they meet the regulations stipulated by the Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM) in the Netherlands or as per the legislation of country of residence.
Our obligations under this agreement are limited to two elements (A) we will require all Investor Account users on the site to indicate they meet the investor criteria as established by the American Securities and Exchange Commission. Members that register for Pro Accounts also indicate they meet the regulations stipulated by the Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM) in the Netherlands or as per the legislation of country of residence and (B) we will do our best to disclose content submitted by Entrepreneurs only in accordance with the instructions of those Entrepreneurs and only to Investors who have indicated an interest in such materials. Other than that, you are on your own.
We do not, and cannot, guarantee that any Investor is actually an ‘Accredited Investor,’ or that any content is true, correct, complete or viable.
You are promising to use the Inclusive Business Accelerator website responsibly and in a professional manner, and to hold us harmless against any damage that may happen to you or your company as a result of your use of the Inclusive Business Accelerator website. Please see our disclaimer.
Users of the Inclusive Business Accelerator website must understand that we have virtually unlimited rights to reject any Investor or Entrepreneur, to delete any content, or to publish any content provided to us by an Entrepreneur or an Investor on the Inclusive Business Accelerator website or in any other medium, including for the purposes of marketing our Service.
As a general member of the Inclusive Business Accelerator you agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use the Inclusive Business Accelerator website:
* In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party’s intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
* in a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
* to engage in spamming, “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes”, advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
* to make unsolicited offers (in any form) or to make reference to any financial related service (or other) without the explicit consent of the Inclusive Business Accelerator organisation.
* in a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
* in a manner that is libellous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another’s privacy;
* in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
* to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to the Inclusive Business Accelerator website without authorization;
* to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Inclusive Business Accelerator website or prevent others from using the Inclusive Business Accelerator website, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to the Inclusive Business Accelerator website, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons’ ability to use the Inclusive Business Accelerator website;
* to use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user’s account or to monitor or copy this Network or the content contained therein;
* to facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
* in a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
* in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through the Inclusive Business Accelerator website or to users; and
* in a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
* “Stalk” or otherwise harass anyone;
* Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
* Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of the Inclusive Business Accelerator website or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of the Inclusive Business Accelerator website for the purposes of automating logins to the Inclusive Business Accelerator website;
* Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from the Inclusive Business Accelerator website – except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or “well-behaved” web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by “well-behaved”;
* Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Inclusive Business Accelerator website’s infrastructure;
* Attempt to gain unauthorised access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of the Inclusive Business Accelerator website;
* Use the Inclusive Business Accelerator website as a generic file hosting service;
* Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of the Inclusive Business Accelerator website or for using it for purposes unrelated to the Inclusive Business Accelerator website; and
* Develop, invoke, or utilise any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of the Inclusive Business Accelerator website.
You agree not to authorise or encourage any third party to use the Inclusive Business Accelerator website to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct. You also agree that these General Terms & Conditions include our service providers and that they may take action (including the removal of your content and disabling of your account) in order to maintain compliance with these General Terms & Conditions.