It is December 2017 and another year has gone by – so, what did we achieve at IBA in 2017? Read on to get a snapshot of our achievements and a peak into what we are planning for 2018.
What did we achieve in 2017?
- We passed the 9000 members mark – That represents a 76% increase in the number of registered users since 2016.
- IBA now has 528 inclusive business ventures registered on iba.ventures, present in 44 countries. That represents a 98% increase in the number of registered ventures since 2016.
- We grew our number of bootcamp participants by +89% in the last year.
- We attracted over 1500 applications in our various application centers for accelerator programs.
- IBA and its partners trained 140 IB advisors in 2017, in 6 new countries.
- IBA now has 216 trained local advisors registered on iba.ventures, present in 18 countries. That represents a 70% increase in the number of registered IBA advisors since 2016.
- From 2016 to 2017, IBA has increased its online presence in emerging markets and increased the number of online sessions overall – for the first time most of IBA’s sessions came from an African country.
- We co-facilitated a practitioner dialogue with BDS providers active in Ghana during the SEED West Africa Symposium in August.
- We enabled online conversations in the run-up to and during the ii2030 event in October and took part in in the ii2030 workshops to find solutions for the future.
- We presented how a global online community could support ventures to scale at the annual Inclusive Business Forum in Gothenburg
What are we planning for 2018?
- Develop an understanding of our community: As we reach a critical number of members, IBA plans to identify the different sub-groups within the community to enable further tailoring of services.
- Facilitate further online interactions: We plan to increase opportunities for IB practitioners to learn from each other and find potential partners.
- Develop our investor matchmaking capacity: We plan to design an on-going online bootcamp on becoming ‘investment-ready’ and initiate offline matchmaking events.
Program managers, entrepreneurs, advisors, investors, partners – We look forward to another successful year with you!
Interested in partnering with IBA in 2018? Email Saskia Rotshuizen at firstname.lastname@example.org